Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fams


Freddie & Ben
Originally uploaded by dogs & music

I think I've decided to keep this blog. If you know me at all you know that making decisions without going back and forth a million times is not one of my strong points.
I should be saying that as of this moment, I've decided to keep this blog. I like having a place to talk about being a Momma and sharing family news. I'll keep the other blog for my crafting disasters.
Just a quick little update on what we've been up to:
We spent the 4th of July at Thom's parents' house in VA and we had so much fun watching Benjamin get to know his Uncle Freddie and Aunt Denise and be loved immensely by the rest of his family. I'm so happy that Thom's parents live relatively close since my family is much farther away. We plan on going to PA in August after my niece has a baby. I'm going to be a GREAT AUNT!
Benjamin is crawling and climbing and standing and moving around like crazy! He is starting to reject me feeding him with a spoon and wants to do it all by himself. We've been giving him little finger foods like Cheerios and cut up banana. I'm going to make him some sweet potato fries in the oven tonight. Sweet potatoes are one of his favorites. We are pretty lucky that he hasn't rejected many foods and if he does, I just mix them in with sweet potatoes and he gobbles them up.
While we were in VA Benjamin went on his first boat ride. He was pretty tired, the lifejacket got on his nerves and I started to get motion sick so it was a short but fun ride. We didn't take him swimming in the lake because there were so many boats in the water that weekend and the waves were pretty rough against the dock. He has been swimming at Jordan Lake a few times and at the pool here in our neighborhood and much to my delight, he loves the water!
We also ventured out to Natural Bridge but when we got there we realized it is horribly commercial and they charge $18 a person to see it. You have to pay to go through the wax and toy museums and you don't get the choice of just seeing the bridge. Needless to say, we were pretty disappointed and ended up just taking a beautiful ride through the VA woods, some of it on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Thom and I both love rural areas and we hope to some day live in the middle of nowhere, or at least somewhere that you can't see a neighbor out of every window.
Summer has been awesome so far, naps are plenty and the summer veggies from the farmer's market have been keeping us all happy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. $18 per person? That is ridiculous. I'm glad you guys have been having so much fun. Ben is one cool dude. I'm jealous you get to hang out with him all the time. Love and miss you all so much!!

    ReplyDelete